Friday, April 18, 2008

The Race

I have really been up in the air when it comes to the upcoming presidential election. None of the candidates really meet what criteria I think the next president should have. I tried to watch the democratic debate the other night. That turned out to be quite a joke that I turned off half way through. Gibson and Stephanopoulos spoon fed Clinton and O'Bama propaganda to throw at each other. No real issues were covered. Just accusations of each others associations and former acquaintances. Perhaps I tuned out a little too early and they hit the meat at the end, but I was disappointed at such a poor portrayal of what US politics has resorted to in order to win a popular vote. Our society is so caught up in tabloids it has spilled and completely taken over every aspect of our news....even the upcoming race.

2 comments:

Janiece said...

It's good to see someone feels like I do. I did the same thing last night tried to watch the "debate" and ended up turning off the tv.
I like you can not for the life of me feel good about voting for anyone that is running for the leader of the free nation...so what do we do? Pick the one with the "least" amount of "junk".
Kira keeps asking me how the race is going and I keep telling her be glad she is in Argentina not having to try to choose.
Have a wonderful day,
Mrs. B

Rochelle said...

Politics is something I need to better acquaint myself with as it is important to know - but can be frustrating at the same time. I did watch a little of the debate and thought 'this is pointless' so I turned it off as well.