Hey all,
We had a great day at the temple dedication. Jackie and I got to go to the temple and sat in the largest sealing room. They had about 1000 chairs set up in the rooms of the temple to accomodate as many people as possible and had 4 sessions. We attended the 2nd session and then went back home for dinner and then I went back after the last session to help tear down the audio-visual equipment. (Really, I just helped carry stuff up and down stairs and the old legs got pretty tired.) When I got back to the temple, people were leaving and going home. I got to the front door and there were quite a few people hanging around by some chained off area. Me being the intelligent person I am, realized they were waiting for Pres. Monson to come out so I waited also. I had my cell phone with me so when he came out I took a couple of pictures which I sent to most of you. It was neat to see him interact with the crowd and pay attention to all of the kids.
He would say well I got to go, and then see a kid he hadn't seen yet and say "I need to shake this little boys hand" and would do that. That happened many times. Once after he said he had to go, a spanish lady who had been crying profusely, said "Hasta lu ago". Pres Monson turned around and smiled and went over to her and her family, bent over very close to them and said something to them and then started singing a song with them. While he sang he bobbed up and down and waved his finger in time with the song. The whole family beamed and lite up like they were on fire. There was a house across the street with a man and woman looking out a sliding glass door and Pre Monson saw them and waved with both arms and they responded in like manner and then ran and got their camera. They were taking pictures and the photographers with the Pres. were taking pictures of them, it was rather comical.
Here, I was in the crowd and never got to say a word to him and he is our cousin. I just couldn't think of a good way to get his attention. A young man in the youth celebration the night before got close enough to tap him on the shoulder and immediately a security man had him grabbed and hauled away explaining that you just don't do that to the prophet. They are very careful about his security.
I can testify that he is a prophet. The spirit around him is so powerful it almost a tangible thing.
Love you all,
Bob
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment