Heaven has smiled down this week in blesse'd amounts.
Last Saturday the fam hung out at Randall and Jana's house. While we were thus engaged in watching football and consuming cooked animal flesh, the subject of those who will spend eternity burning in the eternal pit must have been brought up because we somehow started conversing about the wicked computer salesman that sold me a piece of poo for a computer. Out of the blue, dearest Auntie Jana inquired of the computer's status. My reply was no doubt less than christian...to which she asked, "So, have you called to see if there is still a warantee on the said electronic poo?" I had before wondered what the probability of such an event would be. I was also afraid that after getting my information and giving said poo electronic's serial number, certain ranking officials would knock upon my door and cast me into prison for the posession of stolen goods. I decided to call around midnight later that eve.
I was graced with the voice of a woman less than happy to hear my voice at such an hour...probably cause I found out that they close at 12, but I called just minutes prior. I talked to her for a while about my rainbow computer screen and everything and gave her the serial number.
"You have a warrantee that lasts until December 10th," she said.
...."what?" I asked dumbfounded.
"Sir, you have a warantee that lasts until December 10th," she repeated annoyingly. "We'll send you a pre-paid box to ship the computer to us, where we will repair it and send it back to you. The approximate time from pick up to return will be 21 days."
"Ma'am, if I were there right now...I would hug you," I replied happily.
......*silence*...awkward
Hmmm, maybe I should say something else. "uh.....thanks. That is nice that you will fix it."
So...that's that. Turned out good after all. Thanks for the advice Jana.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
YEAH!! You didn't tell me that!! I am sooooo happy for you Jake! What a blessing
See buddy, heaven does smile on the righteous.
I just wish I could get that heaven smiling on the righteous in Boise. But I can't really complain. I'm glad that everything worked out.
Post a Comment