
Old carpet. YUCK! Because of the lighting in this picture the green looks WAY bright! WHOA!


Nearing the finish line and we are thrilled to hold our little boy soon...how soon? Well...that is not quite up to us but we will see what happens. This is just a picture of the finished paint job, new carpet and the dresser we found at goodwill for $15! What a steal. It is actually in really great condition and is solid wood. We were pleased with our great find. My mama covered the rocking chair cushions and it matches perfectly. Still to do: wall decor to hang, curtains, and the crib to put together (once it gets shipped to us.)
I had a lot of fun hanging up and putting away all his little cloths and things the other night. I am 5 weeks away and yesterday my doctor decided to do an exam because I have been having some contractions here and there. He advised me that I am 50% effaced. Not dilated yet. I have still been walking everyday for 30 - 40 minutes at a nice good pace and from what I hear those ladies that walk (and not just every once in awhile or to and from the car) everyday consistently during pregnancy are more likely to go into labor on their own.
It is a little frustrating when everyone gives such negative feedback when offering their 2 cents of advice. A few people said to me that just because I am effaced means nothing and in their situation they were dilated and effaced for weeks. Well...I know they did not participate in any form of exercising during pregnancy so...I am staying optimistic and hoping for the best.
I am hoping that because I have been trying to stay active in pregnancy it will pay off. We will see. Who knows? Has anyone else been frustrated from other people offering their negative 2 cents about pregnancy? Maybe it is just me! :)
4 comments:
Don't worry you're not alone in the lame advise division. I had to remember that I could take it or leave it. I would smile and nodd and thank them for their "concern" and move on. The funny thing is that some advise I thought was stupid someone else found helpful. Everyone is different as is each pregnancy. Cute room! Good job on the dresser deal/steal.
We are pulling for you and pray everything will go well. Great room.
I think the walking helped me. By 3 weeks left I was 100% effaced and dilated to a 6. I know that was from all the walking I did on a daily basis. I hope things go speedily for you also. The room is way cute. I still wish I could paint my bland walls. You are going to be a great Mom.
Rochelly! I am so excited for you. We are praying for you and the baby. We love ya
Post a Comment