Thursday, August 6, 2009


The power was out when we got home for dinner. Soooo.... We grilled hamburgers outside (well Todd did in the rain and wind) lol He's such a trooper. Then we ate in the house by candlelight. Tate asked if we were having dinner like a "fancy restaurant". I said, "Sure! We are having dinner by candlelight!" The kids were excited. I asked them what our fancy restaurant should be named. I suggested the "Spaulding Inn" I should have known that was not cool enough for Tate. So Tate suggested "Kirbees". For those of you that don't know, Kirby is a video game character.
Let me tell ya.... not knowing when our power would be back on, it made me think about emergency preparedness. We were not really prepared to spend the night in the dark. So I think next time, we will be.

2 comments:

bob said...

That is cute

Jason & Makenna said...

FUN FUN! Jason and I got pretty freaked out about emergency prepardness stuff when we moved here and had an entire Sunday devoted to Hurricane info....we went home that night and ordered 100 hour candles and collapsable water tanks online. Thank heavens we have yet to use anything!