Friday, September 24, 2010

Don't Kill Me!

That is the phrase my two year old has begun to yell when things aren't going his way. For example:

When I don't get him a sucker at the grocery store.

When he doesn't get to play at the park on the way to get the mail.

When he goes down for a nap.

When he wakes up from his nap.

When I try to make him eat. That's right. Eat. Like eat anything.

Where in the world did he learn this? He's two. He doesn't even know what kill means. Last night Jason kept trying to have a serious talk with him and explain, "That's not a nice thing to say. We don't say that." Which was all quite comical to watch since Rhett was hiding behind the see through curtains in the kitchen shreiking in a truly terrified voice, "Don't Kill Me!!" over and over again. What brought this rage on? A grilled cheese sandwich and apples.

I can deal with this little issue at home, but I am seriously thinking of never venturing out in public with him again.

I asked him where he heard that word. He said, "Simba." So this all boils down to the Lion King. No more Lion King for Rhett.

I'm sure all you parents out there have had your children say embarassing things in public so let's hear them!

4 comments:

Jaylynn said...

Oh dear that is Hillarious and quite scary :D I wouldn't want to go out in public with him screaming that either :D

bob said...

Oh that is funny. I guess every generation has it's challenges. Logan used to hide from us, especially in fabric stores under bolts of fabric. We wanted to "kill" him.

Shannon and Justin said...

I have a friend who was at the grocery store with her little girl who refused to ride in the cart so she was walking. Brooklyn kept trying to sneak away, so my friend guided her back to the cart by holding the back of her neck/shoulders. Well, Brooklyn followed mom and held on to the cart thru the next couple of rows and was quiet until they came to an occupied row and then she said "mom, why do you do this to my neck all the time?" As she was holding her hands around her neck like she was strangeling herself. So funny and embarrassing and funny at the same time!

Shannon and Justin said...

I have a friend who was at the grocery store with her little girl who refused to ride in the cart so she was walking. Brooklyn kept trying to sneak away, so my friend guided her back to the cart by holding the back of her neck/shoulders. Well, Brooklyn followed mom and held on to the cart thru the next couple of rows and was quiet until they came to an occupied row and then she said "mom, why do you do this to my neck all the time?" As she was holding her hands around her neck like she was strangeling herself. So funny and embarrassing and funny at the same time!