Our world got turned upside down yesterday when the ultrasound tech said, "Oh, boy! There is no doubt here. It is definitely a girl!" I thought it was some kind of a joke and that my ears weren't working right. Machelle kind of let out a sigh like she had just been punched in the gut. Tyler said, "Dad, you are in trouble! It's not a boy!" (If he only knew how correct he really is....)
With a day for the shock to set in, I can honestly say that I am really pretty excited to have a little girl. I am scared to death of what will happen in 13 years when hormones go off the charts. Hopefully I can develop a good enough relationship with the little thing so that she doesn't completely hate me by then. I can't wait to harp on my boys (and use some of my dad's famous lines) about not hitting their sister because it's not ok for them to hit a girl.
Mom informed me that she already has some dresses purchased. Our fears are already becoming realized about this baby being spoiled! I guess I can't expect much else because mom has been waiting 15 years for a girl to come along. This is one of the outfits that we might bring her home in because she truly will be "One of a Kind" with the streak now being 10-1 instead of 11-0.
4 comments:
Very exciting! She will definitely be spoiled but grandparents are suppose to spoil, right?
Hooray! That's so awesome. Congrats guys!
Yea!! Congratulations, very exciting. When will this little princess be here?
Very Very exciting!!! You will love a little girl! They are definitly sweet and Emotional :D Congrats
Post a Comment