Wednesday, April 9, 2008

LOGAN'S BIRTHDAY


As you can see by the photo, here in Idaho we have two seasons fighting for dominance. Winter has had a death grip on us and even with the emergence of spring and flowers, snow keeps coming. I'm tired of it and am pulling for spring and summer. You warm weather livers need to quit praying for cool weather and help us winter bound family members out. It is your turn to suffer with the heat.

Today is Logan's birthday and instead of celebrating it with golf, he gets to throw snowballs. Bummer. Happy birthday Logan.

Love ya,

Dad

6 comments:

SBD said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Heartburn, baldness and flatulance,

leaky bladder and baggy, saggy pants,

arm chair a snorin with TV blarin,

Hot young girls, don't ya get
caught starin!

Happy Birthday m'Boy, hope you get a new tie and shirt,

Maybe they'll even match your pretty new skirt!

Don't ever forget who really wears the pants.....

SBD

Shannon and Justin said...

You've had a birthday shout Hooray!
We want to sing to you today
One year older and wiser too
Happy birthday...to you!

Jason & Makenna said...

Nice poem Stacey! I somehow was shorted the witty Kay gene. Bummer. Happy Birthday Logan!

Rochelle said...

Happy Birthday Logan! If you were in Arizona you could celebrate with golf seeing that it has been in the 80's here. Beautiful weather! Happy Happy special day to you!

Jacob Kay said...

Hmmm, what a nice day it is here. I recall leaving the window open last night in order to let the cool spring breeze lull me into a peaceful slumber. That was, however, interupted and jolted to an end with the arrival of gunshot sounds, midnight spanish polka music, and me jumping (with significant agility) to the window, making sure we still had posession of our two automobiles. Happy belated birthday Logan!

sean & shirley said...

Happy b-day Logan,
Well for spring I decided to help you feel better, I'm going outside to pick a couple of fresh grapefruit, oranges and tangelos off of virgil's (Shirley works with him) trees and celebrate. I know when I talked to Jacob today he and Lauren were outside playing catch with a baseball and some gloves.
Oh and Shirley's company is taking us to a diamond backs game in the presidential suit all catered with the most amazing food, last time it was sirloin tip fahitas, chicken fahitas, ribs, london broil, and too many more to name. I must admit I was almost embarassed how much good food was there and how much I ate, Yum Yum, go D'Backs!
But you guys wouldn't want to live down here and suffer through 3 or 3 1/2 miserable months of heat just so you could enjoy the other amazing 8 1/2 to 9 months. I mean after all you must have about .... uh..... how many months of great weather do you have there anyway? lets see.... I mean if you are talking outside short sleeves and comefy, that means not uncomfortably hot or cold outside weather. So you have what 7 months? No, because July and August are too hot to stay outside unless you are in the water so that means what, 5 months,.. well no because really a short sleeve shirt in march and october don't really work so what 3 months,... but no cause even part of april and september as you know can frost bite the chest hair off an ape so what maybe 2 or 2 1/2 months of incredible wheather to enjoy up there? Well enjoy it, and don't blink, I wouldn't want you to miss it. Yeah I know, its just so hot in Arizona, kind of funny though that almost every team in major league baseball has their spring training camps down here. Humm must be because they just want to suffer. Well I raise a toast of citrus to your health and happy B-day! Hope all that cold doesn't cause you to age too fast old man!!!
Love Sean and Shirley