Monday, June 30, 2008

I caught you a delicious bass

OK, so they aren't bass they're bluegill. I did catch a bass, but Justin didn't have the camera handy so no picture of the delicious bass. This is at my favorite place to fish. It is called Halverson Lake and it's actually pretty close to where we live. The fishing is AWESOME starting around the middle of June because they are spawning and they will bite at almost anything. You catch a fish with just about every cast. It's tons of fun. They aren't real big (unless you catch one that hasn't laid her eggs yet) but you catch so many of them and they are pretty good little fighters so it's worth it. For once in my life I caught more than Justin....and NO it wasn't because he was helping me get my fish off the line. I'm a big girl and can do that myself.
Anyway, just wanted to share the fun pictures. I'm Sooooooo excited for the reunion. Can't wait to see everyone and play hard!

3 comments:

Shannon and Justin said...

OK, so sorry, for some stupid reason I can't upload the images, so no pictures...stupid internal errors.

bob said...

I'd love to have seen the pictures. Does that mean that Justin is going to make a tee shirt for you that insults your fishing ability like he did for me?

Jason & Makenna said...

Okay so you are a million times braver than I. I couldn't fish to literally save my life. It toally grosses me out. Just ask Jessie. I am a total wimp when it comes to nasty, slimy, squirmy, gilly fish. Yuck! I sure do love to eat 'em though!