Thursday, June 5, 2008

Incoming!!!


So...I finally decided to fork out the money and book my plane ticket to our Mortensen reunion. I knew I could stay through the next Wednesday, but was having some issues getting work off long enough to stay for the Kays the next weekend. Long story short...I finally got everything figured out and I will be coming to the Kay reunion! I am so excited. The last time I was in Idaho was right before Jason and I took off to Boston. I can't wait to see everyone. Plane tickets were too expensive for Jason to tag along so it will just be me and the Rhettster. We have TWO layovers each way. I am absolutely dreading the flights. Hauling all Rhett's crap along with him is going to be a challenge. My layovers are only about 40 minutes each so I am going to be running through the airports. Wouldn't it be great if someone could follow me and video tape the whole thing? I just hope he makes it through the long leg (Atlanta to Denver) without having a total melt down. Unfortunately he has already begun to throw tantrums that I hear rival a certain once young blonde, speaking German with a southern accent. Lucky me. I am sure my parents have just been waiting to witness the day when payback would hit. :)

3 comments:

Shannon and Justin said...

Wahooo! I'm so excited to see you. Bummed that Jason won't be coming though. Sounds like you're going to have your hands full at the airports...yikes.

Machelle Kay said...

That is great that you and Rochelle get to come to the reunion. I have flown by myself with Tyler when he was 4 months old but it was only an hour flight so email me if you need tips on what to bring in your carry on.

bob said...

It might be good to pack a rubber mallet to help quiet him down. One swift blow will do the job. Just make sure he isn't chewing on his toes as he may loose one. Don't worry, he has to haved inherited his gramdpa Kay's hard head so no long term damage will be done. (Of course I'm joking!!)

It will be an interesting experience for you. Hope it goes well and looking forward to seeing all of you.