Saturday, June 14, 2008

Med Cruise







Hey all, Jackie and I just returned from a wonderful vacation. We visited 7 countries and in some stopped in 2 cities. The cruise line was Holland America and it was the best for food (I really needed that) and friendly staff. Jackie about got run over by a motorcycle while in a pedistrian cross walk in Naples, Italy and then by a taxi in Lisbon Portugal as she crossed the street. The drivers in Europe are kind of crazy. Our trip started in Athens Greece where I was able to cross off another of my bucket list entries when we saw the Acropolis.
We then went to Turkey and saw the old city of Ephesus of the Bible times. It was a hugh city at that time and was near the sea. It is now about 5 miles from the sea and is being excavated and rebuilt as they try to fit the puzzle back together. It was destroyed by earthquakes. Here is a picture of Jackie in front of the library. (There was supposed to be underground a tunnel to the "cat" house across the street so citizens could go to the library to study or read with help from the "librarians". Sorry but that picture got posted on the top of the page.

We saw Santorini which is as pretty as the pictures show it to be. There were 3 ships in port when we visited so the narrow streets were very crowded.

3 comments:

Jason & Makenna said...

Wow! What neat things to see! Traveling is one thing we will look forward to doing again one day. We traveled a lot in our first 3 years of marriage, but never made it out of the states. One day... You will have to give me more details when I see you in a month.

Rochelle said...

What a blast! When (not if) I need suggestions on cruises- I will definitely be coming to you! :)

Logan said...

I think that you guys should be done with cruises and start sending your lovely children on cruises instead. I dont know how many more "near misses" mom can take. A broken knee cap on day one of your last cruise and on this one she about got run over two different times. Yikes.... Let me know when you are planning my cruise. :)
Glad you are home.