Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Rockin at Lagoon

Justin and Nathan were so cute, they planned a little suprise trip for Tiana and me (or at least they tried to keep it a suprise...). Justin found a great deal on airline tickets from Boise to Salt Lake so he bought them and tried not to tell me we were headed. I caught him on an off night and he spilled the beans and I was SOooooo excited! Anyway, we had an awesome time and it was so hard to leave. These are just a few pictures from our trip to Lagoon.
Sorry for the yucky quality of this one....I couldn't get the scanner to work so this is a photo of the photo....Nathan gave the people in the old time photo place our permission to hang this in their studio. He even offered to sign a release so it was "official". I'm still not sure why they didn't have us sign anything. This has to be the BEST picture they've taken since they opened....
Standing in line for Rattlesnake Rapids. This was before we started to "Flutter flutter". We were almost adopted by a little 4 year old girl while we were waiting in line for the Log Flume. It was so weird. She was staring at me so I smiled and started talking to her about how hot it was. She put her hands together like a butterfly just under her chin and told me that I needed to flutter flutter. That's when the craziness began......I have never wanted to be on the log ride so bad in all my life.
Sorry that this one is sideways.....its amazing enough that i figured out how to post a picture in the first place. So we all wore our camelbacks so we didn't have to pay $4 for a bottle of water but they were going to make us take them off to get on the Rapids ride....one very omnipotent (teenage) Lagoon employee let us know that he has a camelback at home and it won't go anywhere if we strapped the belly strap......so this is what we got. Isn't it beautiful??? And don't worry, the Lagoon employee was right, we didn't lose our backpacks. Good thing we strapped them on tight.
Just wanted to say that I LOVE our family. I get so excited for the reunion and for any other reason we have to get together and be silly.

2 comments:

Rochelle said...

Love the pics. That must have been a blast! I am super excited for the reunion. I didn't think I would be able to make it, but I will be flying into SLC for my Mortensen reunion (mom's side) and the following week is the Kay reunion so I decided to fly back to Ohio after that! YIPPEE. Unfortunately Whit won't be coming...but I sure look forward to seeing the family! :)

Jason & Makenna said...

Your first picture is hilarious! Shannon looks like she is about 15 in that pic! I haven't been to the goon in forever. In fact, the last time I went was when I was dating one of my lame boyfriends and he refused to go on any rides...pretty crappy day to say the least.