Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Woe unto the wicked
So after 18 months of saving money Lauren and I attempted to purchase a computer. I, being the moronic miser that I am, decided to get on Craigslist in hopes of finding some amazing deal. My first hint at not purchasing the item should have come when he told me to meet him at a circle K in downtown Phoenix, but no no...my dumbness reigns supreme. He showed up, whipped out the laptop, and let us play around with it for about 90 minutes to make sure nothing was wrong with it. Everything seemed to be working splendidly and the deal he was going to give us seemed fantastic. "I will be here if anything goes wrong," said he. "Just give me a call and I will fix it right up!" Ah, what a kind gentleman. Man, people sure are thoughtful these days. "Why sure!!! I will purchase this perfectly running electronic machine from you. I will give you cash right here!" I said. So we traded computer for money and left. Upon our arrival in the ghetto (home) we noticed that the wireless internet was not working. "Ah, that's alright. I'm sure we can fix it." The next day when we turned it on, the screen went a million different rainbow colors, and has looked ever so pretty from thenceforth. I called him up and planned to meet with him so he could fix it like he vowed. What do you know? We drove out to Africa to meet him again and he wasn't there and would not answer his phone. He hasn't answered since. I am planning an undercover buyer sting where someone is going to pose as the buyer. I will walk around the corner and throw a ninja star at him and demand my money back. I'll keep you posted on the happenings. The moral of the story...I am dumb.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Barnum said there is a sucker born every minute and unfortunately it is often each of us. The tuition in th school of hard knocks is kind of high.
I believe that is what you call "hosed." You got hosed man. We may have to get another computer and your story just confirmed my concern about buying a "pre-owned" computer. Maybe if you did your fart kick, he would give the money back and let you keep the rainbow screened laptop!
Total Bummer. There are tons of good deals on computers especially at the beginning of a school year. Most places also offer student discounts. Maybe those tips will help next time. Sorry bro. There are nasty people out there looking to take advantage of whomever they can.
Post a Comment