Saturday, July 14, 2012

UPDATE

Thought is was time for a little update - nothing big, just a couple of picture so you know where you can find me (for the moment at least):
I moved to Kitzbuehel, Austria in November 2010 to work at a 5* Ski & Golf resort (it's called Grand Tirolia Kitzbühel and a really awesome hotel - check out the webpage if you like www.grand-tirolia.com). I'm in charge of all the convention sales and we have had quite some interesting groups and events since I started: Annually we hold the Laureus Media Award, which is the little brother of the big Laureus Award (where athletes are awarded that support and promote social projects that use the power of sport to educate and coach kids in deprived environments); last month the Greek soccer national team held their training camp at our hotel to prepare for the European championship; we have a great number of returning companies with their meeting and golf tournaments (the hotel is surrounded by its own golf course)...
Sometimes I do get to enjoy some freetime and in this beautiful surrounding I couldn't be more happy to live here - for now ;-)
Enjoying the Kitzbühel Alps in the winter of 2010/2011.
After hiking for about an hour and a bit I found this:
A little tour to a small lake nearby (called Lake Piller):
Some friends got married at the Wolfgangsee. I'm so glad I went to their wedding otherwise I would have never fould following breathtaking view (its even more beautiful when you see it in person, and yes - that would be me in a typical Austrian dress calles Dirndl):

View at the Kitzbuehel Alps (after a tiring 3 hour hike only to get UP there):

Since Kitzbuehle is only 1.5 hours north of Italy, I took a trip to Lake Garda last fall - but that might be something for my next post.....
Love and miss you all (I really need to come back to see you all!!!)
Mareike (your German sister, daughter, cousin, niece, granddaughter and aunt ;-))


3 comments:

Jaylynn said...

So good to hear what you're up to! It's beautiful there! Can't believe they got you into some PINK!!!! CRAZY!!!! ha ha :D Love ya!

Jason & Makenna said...

So gorgeous! We need to come visit you! Such a beautiful and different change from our desert scenery. We miss you!

Rochelle said...

What beautiful pictures. I love the dress, looks so great on you!! I miss you and think of you often, though I am very bad at keeping in touch :( Whit and I plan on taking a fabulous 10 year anniversary trip. Maybe we'll come see you!!