I just was wondering, who is going to Idaho for Easter? Julie and I are planning on coming up and were hoping that many of you would be doing the same.
When ever I think of Easter, I think of Mom. I know she loved Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I think Easter might have been a contender for favorite. She was always happy, but at Easter, with spring in the air, the special meaning of the holiday and the excitement of the kids and the Easter egg hunt, I think it might have been a first place candidate.
Anyway, I love Easter because of Mom.
SBD
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I agree Stacey, Easter was awesome.We have easteregg hunts that go back when Macenna and Jake were punks. Mom's favorite time was whenever she had one of us to hug and our kids to mug on. Easter was great though because---all my siblings are such HAMS.
Easter brings back some of my fondest memories! I remember lining up at the patio door with the blinds drawn and very impatiently waiting for the younger children to get all the "easy" eggs before Grandpa would let us out. I sure wish I could be there!!! I am pretty stoked my parents will be visiting us for Easter! Yea! Can't wait to see you!
I also have great memories of Easter time at grandmas and grandpas. Fun times. This time of year is especially nostalgic for me. I miss grandma and grandpa a lot.
I don't think any of us can get through Easter with out a heart full of memories. I am so grateful my children have had those experiences with Grandpa & Grandpa. I have carried on the tradition, not to the extent of coarse, but even as adults my kids look forward to the "Easter Egg Hunt" and my new son-in-laws think it is great! I am sad that this year we won't have our traditional Easter Egg Hunt, as we will be in Charleston with Jason, Makenna & Rhett. We may still have one, I need to get that in his blood at an early age!!!
HAPPY EASTER KAY FAMILY!!
LOVE YA
Easter is winding down and it was great to get with Stacey and Julie and the ones that were around. Stacey made some sybop for breakfast saturday morning. It was great. Looking forward to the family reunion. sam
Sauerkraut, Yams, Bratwurst, Oysters, and Pickled pigs feet???? Maybe I am glad we spent Easter in SC! My parents left last night and we were very sad to see them go. It was so nice to have them here to spend time with Rhett and they gave Jason and I a few nights of much needed sleep! Thanks mom and dad. We already miss you!
Post a Comment