Thursday, March 27, 2008
Tantrums at 25
So I was talking on the phone to Lindsay last night and we were discussing the many bad sleep habits of infants. She has had quite a hard time with Itallie sleeping and Rhett hasn't been so pleasant either. We talk every so often to commiserate together. Last night I discovered I was not alone in my midnight tantrums. After being woken more than 4 times in the night it is not uncommon for me to throw a tantrum probably comparable to the tantrums I threw for my parents when I was a wee lass. About the fifth time my little alarm clock goes off my body begins to convulse in bed. I kick my legs and thrash my body and say things like, "Come on man! Are you serious?!!! This is so not funny anymore!" Followed by several more grumbles and deep breaths. I found out last night Lindsay is a fellow tantrum thrower and she heard Megan had even admitted to throwing a few of her own when her girls were babes. So, are there any other closet tantrumers out there?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am sad and embarrassed to tell you that the tantrum phase may not go away. Machelle and I will turn 28 in a few months and we are still guilty of the "No freakin way" tantrums. I am probably worse than Machelle but we have both been guilty of it when ear infections or teeth come. Luckily our little guys have been pretty good.
Machelle has been kind to me and got me some ear plugs so I can get some rest for school. That is one reason I love that girl!!
Logan
dude, I'm totally screwed. I too am a closet tantrum thrower and i don't even have kids yet. My tantrums are usually an expression of my displeasure of a late night of video game playing on my husband's part. When he comes to bed at 3:45 and my moody dog growls at him for waking her = then become an expert tantrum thrower by loudly groaning, yanking the covers over my head and angrily rolling over and mu.bling something like "are you freaking kidding me, its 4:00 in the morning." I can only pray that I'll have more patience with my future children
Post a Comment