Thursday, February 21, 2008
Melting in Mesa
So summer is fast approaching down here in Hel.....Arizona. Last summer Lauren and I had to sleep naked with ice cubes all over us to keep heat stroke from claiming the two of us during the night. We have begun the hunt for a new place of dwelling, mostly, she says, because 316 square feet provides no buffer zone after my ritual evening bathroom visits...but I think it's really just because of the smallness of the said apartment. If any of you know of a place up in Utah...I'd almost be willing to commute each day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
When Logan and I were first married we had an apartment like that. We had a fan at the bottom of the bed and squirt bottles that we would spray on us to cool us off. It was Hell and I would never do that again.
Amen, but ours was a basement apartment that we shared with hobo spiders that were bigger than we were. AAAhhhhhhh!
and there is nothing quite like a hot, basement apartment to hold onto a hot, stinky fart for hours and hours......When Julie and I first got married, we were both trying to recover from the financial hardships of prior marriages and were living in a basement dungeon in Provo....I made her suffer alot one summer until she finally had had enough and made me buy a window a/c unit for our bedroom. It not only kept us cool, but it really helped with the smell.....heat just makes a fart really linger...do you have to, do you have to, do you have to let it linger......
I think every married couple has a story about their first apartment/apartments. Todd and I lived in a basement apartment of an older couple in Spanish Fork and their old bodies couldn't take the cold weather (even in the summer) and had the thermostat turned up so high that we laid in bed drenching with sweat. I even sneaked up the stairs and turned the A/C on after they went to bed at night. I feel your pain, Jacob.
Jacob,
You are such a whiner, most guys only wish they could lay in bed naked with ice cubes on them next to their wife every nite!!
One of the first apartments Shirley and I had we rented from Otis Orton on main street in Burley under what now is the Mexican Mercado. It was a basement apartment with no windows, at noonday with the lights off you couldn't see your hand in front of your face. That might sound cool if you want to sleep in, but I guarantee after a few weeks it isn't cool any more, soon you are begging for the light, because you never have a sense of time or hapiness. After a few months I began to feel like a Morlock ("The Time Machine"). Sean
Besides our apartment being hot we had to live with hundreds of Freddies. But the best part of all was the paper thin walls and the nice sister missionaries that lived right next to us. Sometimes we could here them talk. I just hope they didn't hear too much from our side.
Post a Comment