Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday School Daydreamer

Today in sunday school we were talking about families and my mind started to wander. Well I started to remember Nate and Tiana's wedding. During the dinner the guests in attendence would hit their glasses to make Nate and Tiana kiss. After a few of these Nate started to get sloppy. Stacey jumped up, threw his napkin down on the table and shouted "That's not how you do it". The Kay family has seen enough of Stacey's public outbursts that we didn't worry too much. Tiana's family on the other hand all seemed to be a little shocked. With panic on Tiana's face Stacey strutted to the backside of the head table to give her a real kiss. As Stacey approached the two "Love Warriors," he gave a head fake that could only be replicated by an NBA all-star and turned to plant one on Nate. However, Nate's cat- like reflexes kicked in and he instinctively threw out a stiff arm made of steel that caught Stacey right in the top of his eye socket! Stacey managed to get a little bit on Nate, but not much. He came back to the table and leaned in and said, " I think I might have a black eye!" We thought this would be fun to post since a few of you weren't able to be there to catch the true magic of the Kay family. Thanks for all the great memories.

3 comments:

sean & shirley said...

In all of Nathan's self defense and jujitsu classes didn't you learn how to keep a big white boy with a goatee from kissing you?
HK

Jason & Makenna said...

Ha Ha, Hee Hee! I hadn't heard this one! Made me laugh really hard! Thanks for the post! Where are the rest of you...I know you are secretly reading and not posting...come out of hiding!

Nate & T said...

I must admit it was one of my favorite parts of my wedding day!!!