I have been toying with the idea of going through the RCA (RedCliff Ascent) warehouse and pulling together a 24 hour kit with what is there. I was figuring on each kit running $25 to $50 for the contents, plus whatever the nap sack or case would run. We have tons of crap to choose from that include pills that when you get them wet turn into hand towels, water purification systems, dehydrated foods, etc... I was thinking of doing it as a ward project, but if enough of you are interested, would rather do it for us. I would need lists of recommended contents and suggestions as well as who, if any, would be interested.
SBD
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Todd and I would definitely be interested. We'll get a list together of what we think would be good
Hey Bro,
I think that is an excellent idea, must have been Julie's! anyway Shirley and I would def, def, definately, (in the words of rainman) be interested. We will brainstorm and come up with some items that may come in handy.
HK
We have a very small compact 48 hour kit. I will have to look and see what is in it to give more ideas. We also bought a lot of our supplies at saratoga trading company online. Their prices aren't too bad. We bought a bunch of their 5 gal collapsible water tanks. I guess the last major hurricane here left everyone without water and electricity for a month and some were without for two! Everyone here has several 50 gal drums in their garage....I suppose we will slowly catch up. Saratoga also has 115 hour candles for $4. Our home came with metal hurricane shutters for all the windows and doors. All the new homes (ours included) are also built with straps that actually connect the roof to the foundation to try to keep your house in one piece. Pretty interesting. We have learned a lot of great ideas like filling up your tubs, sinks, and washing machine with water. That way you can use the water in your tub to flush the toilet. They also told us to not strain your canned veggies because you can use the water/juice to cook rice instead of precious water. Jason and I also looked up a Residence Inn (you know the long stay hotels with little kitchenettes) in three different directions from our house. I have the mapquest directions and phone number to each one with our emergency stuff in case we ever need a quick evac. Just a few ideas to help people brainstorm.
Hey, I'm all in. I think it's a great idea. we'll keep you posted about some items too. BRILLIANT
Post a Comment