I've decided that it's the end of the world.....we had a meteor that went flashing through the sky the night before last, a lunar eclipse last night, and there was an earthquake in Nevada that we felt in Boise (and Utah I guess). Anyway, I hope everyone has their ducks in a row!
Justin and I are doing well. Justin is amazing. He's working full time and taking 14 credits in the nursing program so he's up to his eyeballs in homework and stress and getting good grades in spite of it all. His summer will be spent taking classes too, so we're excited for the big reunion where we can really blow off some steam and let it all hang out!
Love you all and miss you too!!!
Thursday, February 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I can't believe I missed an earthquake! I always wanted to see what one felt like...a not so large one anyway. Tornados and Hurricanes are not something I would like to experience. In fact, this last fall we had an entire Sunday devoted to Hurricanes. Totally freaked me out and I went right home and got on the internet and started ordering supplies. I guess the bishop accomplished his goal of scaring us into prepardness. :)
Sweet. That sort of thing freaks me out too. I didn't feel the earthquake myself, but I guess my dad did. At first he thought it was his new blood pressure medication that was making him "shake" then he noticed the door swinging and the chain from the ceiling fan swaying and realized what it was. Kind of weird. I guess Wells, NV is where it hit the hardest....lots of damages to buildings and homes. I need to get my booty in gear and get a food storage and stuff together too. Kinda hard when you dont have anywhere to store it though!
Word of advice on emergency prepardness; start with your 24 hour kits and put them somewhere that you could grab them at a seconds notice, not behind a bunch of crap that takes 10 minutes to get to. If your house is on fire, how much time would you have?
Hi Shanny! Yeah for the reunion!!! Can't wait!!!
Post a Comment